Oxbridge Offers For Lancing Pupils
This year nine highly talented Lancing students have received much sought-after offers to study at Oxford and Cambridge Universities, including two prestigious choral scholarships to Merton and Keble Colleges, Oxford.
This achievement at the most intellectually challenging level reinforces Lancing’s year-in-year-out success in preparing students for the most sharply competitive, academically rigorous demands of Oxbridge entrance.
There is outstanding depth of individual talent at Lancing in the very toughest academic disciplines, right across the Humanities and Sciences, from Modern Languages, Music, English and History to Law, Maths, Medicine and Engineering.
It also complements the impressive, longstanding track record of Lancing students in securing top flight offers to study at the country’s most high-ranking Medical Schools and Music Conservatoires, as well as the very best universities in the US, Canada and Europe.
Above all and central to Lancing’s Oxbridge success lies its unwavering commitment to first class, inspiring teaching. Our reaching out far beyond the classroom is individually tailored to nurture the independence of thought, intellectual flair and academic rigour essential to Oxbridge achievement.
- Aidan Strong, from Hove, has been offered a place to study Mathematics at Lincoln College, Oxford.
- Michail Manthios, from Lancing, has received an offer from Robinson College, Cambridge, also to read Mathematics
- Lohith Konathala, who came to Lancing from Sompting Abbots, gained an offer to study Engineering at Trinity College, Cambridge
- Connie Winn-Taylor, a former pupil of Windlesham House School, has secured an offer to study History and Spanish from Murray Edwards College, Cambridge
- Simon Brophy has received an offer to study Languages at Downing College, Cambridge
- Nat Oliver, a former pupil of Lancing Prep Hove, has achieved both an offer to study English and French and a choral scholarship at Keble College, Oxford
- Cecily Moorsom, a former Salisbury Cathedral Chorister, has also gained an offer to study Music and a choral scholarship at Merton College, Oxford
- Laurenz Lehmann has been offered a place to study Medicine at University College, Oxford
- Angus Ngan a place to study Law at St Catherine’s College, Oxford
In addition, in 2019/2020 five students have applied for places at various prestigious medical schools, including the Royal College of Surgeons Ireland, Imperial College, UCL, Bristol and Buckingham universities. An offer to study at the Royal Veterinary College in London is also already on the cards for an aspiring vet.
About the Lancing Sixth Form
The Lancing Sixth Form is an increasingly popular choice for parents and pupils after their GCSEs. Every year the vast majority of pupils who have been at the school since the age of 13 choose to stay.
At the same time, Lancing also attracts new pupils who are looking for a different Sixth Form experience in preparation for university.
New Sixth Form pupils join a school of over 600 pupils aged 13 to 18 years. The school population draws 50% of its pupils from within an hour of Lancing. Truly outward looking and cosmopolitan, the school is also home to pupils from over 40 different countries.
Lancing offers over 20 A Level choices and has a particularly high reputation for Maths, History, Art and the Sciences.
Lancing was rated excellent by ISI in March 2017 for ‘Pupils’ Academic Achievement and other Achievements’ and also excellent for the ‘Quality of Pupils’ Personal Development’.