New and improved winter website for West Sussex County Council
Finding advice about how to deal with snow and ice has been made clearer and easier by West Sussex County Council.
Internet users can get the latest, up-to-date information about what to do before, during and after snow and ice events by visiting www.westsussex.gov.uk/snow
The site will be up and running by the end of November and has been designed to be mobile and tablet friendly.
The webpages have a new, clearer layout that matches the Government’s website www.gov.uk
Clearer information and quicker links can be accessed for the following:
- Before snow and ice:
- Energy Saving Trust advice on preparing your home for winter weather;
- Met Office weather forecasts;
- RAC advice on preparing your vehicle for winter; and
- An emergency survival checklist if you get cut off.
- During snow and ice:
- County Council routes for gritting and snow clearance;
- Find out if you are eligible for Cold Weather Payments from the Government;
- Advice on venturing out by car or by foot;
- What to do if you get trapped or stranded; and
- Advice on clearing snow and ice.
- After snow and ice:
- How to report a pothole online to the County Council.
County Council Cabinet Member for Highways and Transport, Pieter Montyn, said: “It has been an ambition of ours to make our website clearer for people to understand with regards to winter information.
“Now we have one place where residents can go to find out what they need immediately to help them through the colder months.”