Home Is Where The Heart Is With Caremark
There is a popular saying and belief that ‘home is where the heart is’ and at Caremark Mid Sussex & Crawley we truly believe that continuing to live in your own home is the best option in your older years. There are many reasons why people wish to stay in their own home including that they know where everything is and feel safe in their home and neighbourhood. A home holds precious memories of family and friends and is a place of familiarity, which is even more important if someone is suffering from memory loss.
What support can help me stay at home?
- Household chores: Do you need help with chores such as general cleaning, gardening, shopping or laundry? Cleaners & gardeners can come to your house on a regular basis to assist and online shopping can help with weekly food deliveries.
- Meals: If you struggle to make nutritious meals or tired of eating alone? There are many meal delivery services that will bring hot meals to your front door. Local services such as AGE UK offer regular hot, nutritious meals at a fantastic price allowing you to meet others in the same situation.
- Personal care: Is bathing, washing your hair or dressing becoming harder to do? Friends and relatives maybe able to assist. If this isn’t possible you can pay for an experienced carer to visit you each day to help. Visits can be arranged to fit around your needs and budget.
- Financial support: Are you worried or confused making financial decisions? Age UK, Citizens Advice and CareWise Advice can all offer help and support with financial decisions.
- Home modification: Do you struggle with stairs or getting in and out of the bath? Homes can be modified with stair lifts and special furniture to create a safer environment.
Please contact us at Caremark Mid Sussex & Crawley on 01444 455800 if you are struggling at home and we will do our best to support you and meet your individual needs.