Why You Should Get Married Over Easter…
by Stephanie Willoughby
Warmer evenings, lighter nights, springtime – the start of all new things, including your wedding.
- You could choose an Easter theme colour for your dresses imagine: sorbet and ice-cream colours or floral dresses.
- Gardens are starting to burst with colour, you could find a venue with beautiful grounds
- Table decorations could be awash with colour, a rainbow wedding wouldn’t look amiss this time of year.
Your wedding could have a fabulous chocolate theme – there’s never a better time to choose centrepieces filled with mini Eggs, a spectacular chocolate wedding cake and favours to give away to your guests – yet more chocolate. Table gifts with an Easter theme – small nests of eggs, tiny rabbits, chicks, eggcups of flowers, wreaths made from contorted willow and pastel coloured eggs.
- Springtime flowers are at their best, beautiful tulips, hyacinths and an array of scented narcissi won’t break the wedding bank. Use them in large masses in jugs, not jam jars, (it’s been done too much) to create a wow from your guests.
- If you have children at your wedding reception, why not set up an egg hunt or a small egg painting table to keep them happy (or quiet…)
If you’re getting married in Church – check that there are no restrictions on flowers if its during Lent but imagine how beautiful your ceremony is going to look with an Easter theme.
- Stationery could have a floral and rabbit theme; did I mention rabbits?
- Easter themed photo booths, Chocolate fountains, well there’s a few reasons to get married at Easter
- Plus, it’s a long weekend so lots of time to celebrate… and recover