Firefighters Prepare The Community For Christmas
Firefighters at Selsey Fire Station are preparing to welcome residents to the fire station every day next week as part of their Christmas Fire Safety Week.
The crew will be opening the bay doors at Selsey Fire Station to the public to offer fire safety advice to ensure residents keep themselves safe over the festive period.
The Christmas Fire Safety Week will run from Monday 16th December to Friday 20th December between 10am and 2pm.
Firefighter John Hicks said: “We are really looking forward to welcoming the community in to the fire station to find out more about the service, and the really simple steps we can all take to help keep ourselves safe. Earlier in the summer we hosted some really successful Tea & Tips sessions, which went down really well with people, so we are hoping to build on this. We are organising different activities throughout the week and hosting a number of other agencies providing help and information on health and wellbeing in the community.”
- Some of the events being organised include:
- Health assessments provided by the WSCC PAT nurses
- CPR training
- Information for local firms on business fire safety regulations
- Local Dementia Groups attending on certain days with information on their activities
- Platinum Homecare will be providing information on the services they provide
- Refreshments provided by station personnel
- There will also be a cut up car on display outside the station highlighting the dangers of driving while under the influence of drink or drugs
- At 2pm on Monday (December 16) there will be a bike safety event for local school children in conjunction with the Safer Sussex Road Partnership including bike maintenance and security marking
All are welcome to attend.