Burgess Hill Library Will Temporarily Close To Relocate To New Building
Work on the new Burgess Hill Library is almost complete and will be ready to open at 9.30am on Tuesday 3rd December.
The library service is now preparing to move from its old location at The Martlets Hall to 15-19 The Martlets, a few hundred meters from the existing library, as part of the town centre regeneration project.
In order to do this the library will need to temporarily close from Saturday 16 November to move equipment, books and other stock to the new site. To help minimise disruption to customers during this short closure the following arrangements will be in place:
- All books on loan from Burgess Hill Library will be automatically extended so that no fines accrue while the library is shut.
- Reserving and renewing items online will still be available and library users can also return items to any other West Sussex library if they prefer.
- Customers can continue to download the FREE eLibrary apps to read magazines, newspapers and eBooks – www.westsussex.gov.uk/elibrary
- Regular events – including Rhyme Time and Storytime – will continue to take place at nearby libraries including Hassocks, Hurstpierpoint and Haywards Heath, check www.westsussex.gov.uk/
libraryevents for full listings.
- All library customers can use public computers and IT facilities at any West Sussex library.
Lesley Sim, Head of Libraries, Heritage and Registration at West Sussex County Council, said: “All library staff members are looking forward to the move and to welcoming residents to the new library. We will do everything possible to limit disruption for our customers during the temporary closure and I know the wait will be worth it as the new building has improved facilities for all, can host more events and services and will be a really attractive, modern library.”
The new library building, which is a two-minute walk from the current location, will open on Tuesday 3rd December and all the current services – including books, computers, IT support and regular events – will be fully operational from 9.30am.
For more information, visit www.westsussex.gov.uk/new library.
Contact Burgess Hill Library on 01444 255452