Auntie Di’s No-Bake Cheesecake
by Diane Clark
This is an amazingly easy cheesecake recipe that does not require patience and lots of spare time. This is quick, simple and fresh and, best of all, irresistibly scrumptious!
- 125 grams crumbled
- digestive biscuits
- 75 grams of butter, melted
- 450 grams cream cheese
- 60 grams icing sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- 450 mls double cream
- Blitz the biscuits in a food processor, then add the butter and whiz again to make the mixture clump.
- Press this mixture into a 20cm/8” springform cake tin or individual ramekin pots. Press a little up the sides to form a slight ridge. Chill until firm.
- Beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice in a bowl until smooth.
- Lightly whip the double cream, and then fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon the cheesecake filling on top of the biscuit base and smooth with a spatula. Put it in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to serve the cheesecake, un-mould and decorate with fresh fruit of your choice and sprinkle with nuts.