Adele’s Daily Stretches
By Adele Trathan
Make sure you are properly warmed up before you do any of these – never stretch cold.
Downward Facing Dog
- Get into an inverted V position.
- Push heels as close to the ground as they will go.
- Push head through arms and bend at the elbow a little. Hold for 10. Great for calves and hamstrings (backs of thighs).
- From here, walk hands back to feet, keeping legs as straight as you can. Hold ankles for 10. Straighten up, vertebrae by vertebrae.
- Lie on the floor face down, and keeping you pelvis grounded, push up with your arms and back with your chest.
- Hold for 10.
- Great for lower back.
- Put one arm straight up, grasp wrist with the other and pull over to the side.
- Keep hips in their place – only bend torso.
- Hold one ankle and pull backwards, keep your knees together, to feel a stretch in the front of your thigh.
Caution: If you are unsure of any new exercise regime please consult your GP before commencing
If you suffer from high blood pressure, dizzy spells, pains in your chest or joint problems, if you are on medication or pregnant or have had a baby in the last 6 months, you should seek advice from your doctor before beginning any form of exercise.